The Wild: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is out and it’s available on Amazon and iTunes. Wild opens in select theaters across North America on December 3, 2014. The Wild movie soundtrack is highlighted by a stunning new cover of R.E.M.’s “Walk Unafraid,” performed by acclaimed Swedish folk-pop duo, First Aid Kit.
Listen to Wild: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on Spotify:
In addition, the 15-track collection gathers the array of era-spanning tracks featured in the much-anticipated film, showcasing such legendary artists as Bruce Springsteen, Simon & Garfunkel, Leonard Cohen, Wings, Portishead, Lucinda Williams, and more. Wild: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack was Executive Produced by Susan Jacobs and Wild director Jean-Marc Vallée.
“I didn’t want to give the audience this impression of ‘film watching,’” says Vallée, reflecting on the soundtrack. “That’s often how I feel with score music. I become aware of it, aware that I’m watching a film, that someone is playing music that the characters don’t hear. I try to avoid that in every film I direct and I wanted to avoid it badly in Wild. The main direction with music was to use it only during flashbacks. When there is music, it’s because it’s playing in the scene from a sound device, a car radio for instance, or a CD player. What Cheryl is listening to in her life, is the music that we hear during the film.”
Wild: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack TRACKLIST:
- Simon & Garfunkel – El Condor Pasa (If I Could)
- First Aid Kit – Walk Unafraid
- Wings – Let ‘Em In
- The Shangri-Las – I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Leonard Cohen – Suzanne
- Billy Swan – Don’t Be Cruel
- Free – Be My Friend (BBC Session/Take One)
- Lucinda Williams – Something About What Happens When We Talk
- Portishead – Glory Box
- Bruce Springsteen – Tougher Than The Rest
- Pat Metheny Group – Are You Going With Me?
- The Hollies – The Air That I Breathe
- Simon & Garfunkel – Homeward Bound
- Ripple – Dusted and Eric D. Johnson
- Evan O’Toole – Red River Valley