Photos and text entered are considered licensed to the Pacific Crest Trail Association in perpetuity. By submitting your content you are giving the PCTA the right to use your photos and text as we see fit to promote the trail and its protection.
You will retain copyright to any work you submit. You only grant the PCTA rights to your content royalty-free, in perpetuity, nonexclusively to:
- Reproduce, distribute, transform, display and/or to perform your photographs and text in all print and electronic mediums at any size.
- Use your photos and text worldwide.
- Provide your photograph and text to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, such as in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Archive in electronic forms so that your photos and text can be used to support our mission.
- Use your photo and text for Commercial and Editorial uses that directly benefit the PCTA and the trail. Whenever possible, PCTA will consult with the original content creator about outside uses.
Whenever possible, PCTA will provide attribution in the form of the writer and photographer’s name and/or website URL per PCTA’s discretion. Attribution will appear next to the photo or in the credits of the work product.
By submitting your content, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the PCTA, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right.
Please only submit original content that you have created. Do not submit content that you don’t have rights to.